Dr. Daniele Doucet, MA, PhD
Clinical Counsellor and Sex Therapist in Squamish and Vancouver, BC.
Born and raised in the city of Fredericton, New Brunswick, Daniele moved to British Columbia to pursue her education (and to escape those freezing cold NB winters!!). She holds a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology, completed all course work toward a PhD in Counselling Psychology, and then completed her studies with a PhD in Human Sexuality. Danielle has focused her education on women’s issues, sexuality, and romantic relationships, with a specialization in alternative relationship structures. In addition to these credentials, Daniele is a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors, a Certified Clinical Sexologist with the American College of Sexologists, and a professor at Adler University in Vancouver.
Daniele is a very warm and compassionate person who firmly believes in the ability of the human spirit to grow, change, and heal. She understands the vulnerability that people bring to therapy and places a large emphasis on providing an open and accepting environment to discuss therapeutic issues. Danielle uses a holisitic approach to counseling, focusing on the thoughts, emotions, and physiological processes that contribute to life problems. This approach necessarily involves recognizing that each person¹s journey is unique and tailoring clinical interventions to the individual vs. using a “cookie cutter” model of therapy.
In her spare time, Daniele can be found hiking, skiing, cycling, cooking, traveling, and/or enjoying time with friends and family.
Life problems that clients often discuss with Danielle include, but are not limited to:
- Relational Conflict in heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and/or queer relationships, including non-monogamous relationships
- Sexual Issues and/or Concerns, including sexual functioning
- Sexual Orientation
- Difficulties with trust / intimacy
- Communication problems
- Anxiety (including panic/anxiety attacks)
- Grief / loss
- Alcohol and drug problems / dependency
- Childhood abuse and neglect (physical, emotional, and/or sexual)
- Trauma (including accidents, assaults)
- Low self-esteem
- Stress (including stress management)
- Anger and anger management
Counselling with Danielle is available in Vancouver and Squamish, BC