Couples / Relational Therapy
in Vancouver and Squamish, BC
The scientific literature indicates that humans are hard-wired for connection and intimacy. At The Shanti Counselling Centre, our therapists are extensively trained and experienced in working within the context of romantic partnerships and family
relationships, including alternative relationship structures. We have specialized training and experience in working with polyamorous (and other non-monogamous) communities, as well as the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transsexual, and queer communities.
Some relational issues that are beneficial to address in a counselling setting may include, but are not limited to:
- Couples therapy to address challenges in communication.
- Couples therapy to understand the emotions of your partner.
- Couples therapy to understand your own emotions.
- Couples therapy to de-escalate angry reactions.
- Couples therapy to address unique issues for lesbian couples.
- Couples therapy to address unique issues for gay couples.
- Couples therapy to address challenges around gender and/or sex transitions.
- Couples therapy to address the unique issues facing bisexuality.
- Sex Therapy to address issues of sexual functioning.
- Sex Therapy to address lack of sexual desire and/or desire discrepancies in partnership.
- Sex Therapy to help resolve challenges around unique sexual interests.
- Sex Therapy to help understand gender identity and/or expression.
- Sex Therapy to help resolve sexual challenges associated with disability, accidents, and/or the aftermath of trauma.
- Couples Therapy for greater emotional intimacy.
- Couples therapy for greater physical intimacy.
- Relationship therapy to help navigate non-monogamous relationships.
- Relationship therapy to help navigate polyamorous relationships.
- And so much more...